No weaklings here! Only masters of the mind who understand life and are on the path to true enlightenment are meant to visit this page. If you do not fall under this description, you should turn back because your weakness is not wanted. "You, Weaklings" have nothing to offer. All unweakened ones are welcome!

Thursday, November 09, 2006

What’s cool about normal?

The idea of normality seems to cover the majority. Is normal perceived or is it real? That is a question each person can answer for themselves. On top of that each individual should evaluate the value he/she puts into normality. My opinion is that normal sucks! Normal is boring and rarely is it even safe. Normal in uncool and that is the bottom-line.

The history behind my thought on normality comes from a long string of pondering moments where I realized the uniqueness of my friend pool. My friends are cool and must therefore not be normal.

It is true that every friend I have is way cool in their own way. My friends are far from normal. We may be freaks or nerds, but we don’t aim to achieve some form of being like the masses. Sometimes, in a public place you will hear one or a couple of us screaming semi-obscene words louder than the other to see who can say the word the loudest before embarrassment hits. Now and then one of us may run down your street with their pants around their ankles. On occasion we may leave a special little fruit character on your doorstep with a note, all in good fun.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I don’t know what normal people do, but I doubt they have half the fun we do. I remember thinking to myself many years ago (last week) that I wish I truly knew what normal was. I have realized that I will never know normal, and I think I am better off for being so ignorant.

PS – Ben thanks for keeping things exciting and bringing out the freak in us!

2 Comments:

At 8:13 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

normal is for losers! would you rather be normal and lame or stupid and hot? no contest.

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger B-rad said...

ahhh Bananas…it brings back memories. I’m glad Bens around too; otherwise I would have to take the heat for all the crazy stuff I do (fried bananas, putting up embarrassing pictures, etc.)

I once took a poll to find out what “type” of abnormal people see me as. Not one person labeled me as freaky or weird. Almost all said I was either quirky or odd. I’m still trying to figure out the criteria for these subclasses of abnormal. For example, at what point does someone stop being odd and start being an oddball? So far I tend to love almost all cases of abnormal. I classify one of my longest running friends as ludicrous.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home