No weaklings here! Only masters of the mind who understand life and are on the path to true enlightenment are meant to visit this page. If you do not fall under this description, you should turn back because your weakness is not wanted. "You, Weaklings" have nothing to offer. All unweakened ones are welcome!

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

A thoughtful reminder of me

The other day, while I was practicing crane style stances and flying death kicks in meditation, I realized that I must be close to the enlightened state that I aim to achieve. I was pleased with myself and treated myself to some delicious ice cream. I reflected upon the wise words of my dear enlighten dead friend Lao Tzu, “He who knows others is wise; He who knows himself is enlightened.” Wisdom is after all an afterthought to enlightenment. I though it was a good time to test myself on, whom else but myself. Here are the questions I asked myself, with the quick answers proceeding, and you may want to do the same for yourself:

What is my favorite color? Green…wait, blonde

What is my sign? Pisces

What year was I born? In the year of the horse

How much do I weigh? Just enough

What is my favorite food? Pizza

What is my favorite pastime? Sleep

What is my favorite comic book character? Iceman

Would I rather be able to fly or be invisible? Fly

Jennifer Aniston or Angelina Jolie? Jolie

Dark of Milk? Milk

#1 or #2? Depends

What is my favorite music? Not country

No arms or no legs? No legs

Scurvy or chicken pox? Chicken pox

Pirate or superhero…

and right there is where my mind wandered to a different plane of consciousness and I was in a world of costumes and Halloween decorations. Though I may know myself relatively well, I still have no clue what I will be for Halloween. I was so close! There are like 4 Halloween parties to hit up. What are you planning to be? Got any ideas for me?

4 Comments:

At 10:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you should be batman

 
At 8:07 AM, Blogger Kelly said...

tell me more about these alleged halloween parties . . . if in fact they do exist. i would say be a pirate, if you like milk chocolate better than dark, you are not ready to be a superhero. i had a hard time deciding what i should be - i couldn't choose between being a mermaid, a witch, a combat chick (i'm not even sure what that is, but i was going to give it a shot), little dead riding hood, stabbed in the back prom queen, or tavern wench. but i then i went to the hare krishna temple and everything changed in the blink of an enlightened eye. maybe you should try it.

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger Michael said...

Thanks Chris. I now know I like Jenifer Anniston WAY more than Jolie. I didn't know that about myself before. AAaaah yeah.. Closer to enlightenment.

:)

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger B-rad said...

Whatever it is I think you should be blonde. Blonde is the preferred hair color.

So I'm re-posting this comment because it looks like the former one didn't post, or perhaps you deleted it. And if you deleted my former comment, then maybe you should go as the cold hearted commented deleting Son of B#*@! that you are. Otherwise blonde.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home